(Click on the picture to increase its size.)
I present my third attempt at creating a wire-wrapped pendant. It is an improvement over my previous efforts! I’m pretty proud of this one. And yet…..
In looking at the front of the pendant (pics 1 & 2), I thought I was finished with the pendant, when I decided rather than have curlicues on both sides of the pendant, I’d move one set to the front. Better!
But the other issue on the front of the pendant, is that the bezel does sit tight against the stone. I probably should have used 4 wires rather than 5. Also the nature of the pattern makes for a very stiff (and beautiful) weave. The stiffness made it difficult to wrap it tightly over the front.
I am still working to make the weave smooth. And while the stone won’t fall out, it still has some movement. That could be remedied through a different wire configuration on the back of the stone.
I’ll likely take this one apart eventually. But for now, I’ll put it with the others. I find my handful of pendants inspiring.
I’ll be partying at these link parties all week. Join us!