Patty at Elm Street Quilts holds a link up each month in which participants declare what they hope to accomplish during the month. I joined up for the first time last month, and it did help me stay focused, although I met only 2 of my 5 goals. Fortunately, I did meet my quilting goals, which is the focus of Elm Street Quilts. A couple of my jewelry goals suffered, but it happens. Let’s look at my October Creative Goals:
1. Add three elephants to my tiny herd of two.
2. I have a friend who is getting married on Halloween. Although the wedding is not Halloween themed, she loves Halloween. So it is my intent to wire-wrap this spooky cabochon, and give it to her when I see her at the wedding.
I purchased a variety of the spooky cabochons from Cameo Jewelry Supply on Etsy. If I have time, I will use this cabochon to make something for the groom.
My plans for these gifts works in perfectly with a jewelry challenge hosted by SJ Designs Jewelry. (If you are a jewelry maker, check it out and join in the fun!)
3. The October art challenge hosted by Art Elements. The theme is eyes. I’d love to make a Dragon Eye, but I don’t have an eye stone. I either need to get one quick or use other media. We will see what happens.
4. Finish the September/October challenge from the Jewelry Artisans Community. The inspiration:
There are flowers enough in the summertime,
More flowers than I can remember—
But none with the purple, gold, and red
That dye the flowers of September!
—Mary Howitt (1799-1888)
Here is a sneak peek of what I have so far:
5. Blog about Hobbii’s excellent customer service (rolled over from last month).
I have linked to the blog hop / challenges throughout this post in case anyone should want to join in. The more the merrier.